That scary, daunting moment of taking your before and after photos... we know for some, taking photos of yourself at your current weight before you start your journey can be something you are certain you won't be doing... but think about once you start your plan, achieve your desired results and look back at that picture as a comparison to where you started and to show you how far you have come, that feeling of achievement is amazing!
You don't have to share these with anyone and can even email them to yourself just so that they are not staring at you every time you scroll through your phone album - title the email something you will easily be able to find later on like 'before photos'.
1. Aim for full length, some people lose weight in different places first, so full length will let you see the difference in your entire body - and always try to stand against a clear wall or have a clear, tidy background to avoid distractions in the photo.
2. Don't go fully clothed - opt for underwear, swimwear or gym wear to really help you see the changes in your body. Wearing clothes can sometimes give a miss judgement, and these photos are only for you anyway, you never have to share these unless you decide, so opt for something that will help to show your progress.
3. If taking a mirror picture - turn the flash off and have a clean mirror to best show your results.
4. If you do have someone you can ask to take your before photos please get help as this will help you to see your best results through visuals.
5. Most camera phones have a timer so if you are taking the photo alone, prop up your phone somewhere to clearly see your body and pop on the timer.
Check out Danni and Ferne's photo examples below, they've also included a newspaper as proof of date.