This delicious vegetarian Banana Bread recipe will bring you all the warm cosy feels and leave your house smelly like your very own bakery. The fluffy, nutty texture of this perfect loaf will be one that makes your heart feel warm with happiness, because after all. it's those little things in life that can make everything seem that little more better.
We've made sure these ingredients also provide a great source of fibre and protein.
YOU WILL NEED:
2 large bananas (250g when peeled)
2 large eggs
75ml (third of a cup) extra virgin olive oil
85ml maple syrup
225g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 serving Formula 1 Banana Cream (26g)
1 serving Protein Drink Mix (28g)
2 Servings Beta Heart (15g)
1. Preheat the oven to 170’c (150’c Fan). Line a 9x5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper. Mash the bananas on a plate with a fork. Whisk the eggs, then mix in the mashed bananas, water, olive oil and maple syrup, then set aside.
2. Place the wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl and sift the bicarbonate of soda and mix in the cinnamon, F1 Banana Cream, the PDM and the Beta Heart.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the banana mixture. Stir to mix then tip into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the centre of the preheated over for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the load comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven, allow to slightly cool in the tin then take out and cut into slices to serve.
Tips: to add some spice, you can add in cinnamon with ground ginger.
5. While the banana bread is baking, do not open the over for at least the first 45 minutes or it can collapse in the centre.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
Protein: 6g / Kcals: 192 / Fibre: 3g / Fat: 8g / Sugar: 9g
Recipe by Rachel Allen