What does your diet consist of? Is it balanced? Healthy? Unhealthy?
If you're someone who usually feels bloated, suffers with heartburn, has acid reflux, this could be because your body is struggling to breakdown the food you are eating and it's most likely just being stored in the gut until your body can digest.
To AVOID suffering and slowing your digestion. Avoid the following:
- Acidic fruits, especially if you have an empty stomach it can irritate the gut and cause acid reflux.
- Say no to caffeine. If you drink coffee excessively it will cause inflammation of the gut.
- Dairy contains lactose; those who are intolerant won’t be able to break it down in their bodies causing a bloat and diarrhoea also.
- Fried foods are too high in fat which causes heartburn and acid reflux.
- Processed foods are high in preservatives and low in fibre causing bloating and cramps.
- Spices, if you suffer from digestive issues hot foods can do more damage than good here as it will irritate the throat consequently causing heartburn. So it is best to avoid if you already have an upset stomach
Your diet NEEDS to include enough soluble fibre such as oatmeal, apples and bananas to aid digestion and quicker! Keeping hydrated is also as important to prevent it from slowing down.
OUR EASY SOLUTION:
Our go-to perfect digestive solution involves one main ingredient…
One ingredient that contains the fibre you need to be able to enjoy your food whilst digesting it quickly!
Oat Apple Fibre is that solution.
It is a part of our digestive range containing 6 fibre sources which include, apple, oat, maize, citrus, chicory and soya. And at just 18 calories per serving it's not going to impact highly on your daily calorie count, phew! Our Oat Apple Fibre contains no artificial sweeteners either, all you need to do is add a spoon to your water or even to your shake mix.