Chickpea and Potato Curry Recipe 🍛
Try this yummy VEGAN dinner recipe! 😍
Approx 488 kcals per serving
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 750g new potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 6 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml vegetable stock (made with vegan friendly stock cube if appropriate)
- 240g tinned chickpeas
- 150g brown rice
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile add the oil and onion to a large saucepan. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring regularly until the onion starts to soften.
- Add in the garlic and the spices. Mix into the onions and carry on cooking for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, tomato puree and vegetable stock to the saucepan. Bring it to the boil then place the lid on top and simmer for approx 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add in the chickpeas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with the rice and enjoy! 🍛