Vegetable Pita Pizza 🍕
- 4 whole-wheat pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 6 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 16 slices of mozzarella
- Optional topping ideas - bacon, spicy sausage, pineapple, jalapeños, spinach
- Green salad
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the tomato sauce - Over a medium heat, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook until soft and slightly browned then add tomato paste and herbs. Heat for a further 2 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, place the pitta breads and spread the tomato sauce over the top. Add your toppings to each pitta bread and lay the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 10 minutes, until cheese has melted and bread is slightly browned. Keep an eye on them to make sure they do not burn. Serve with a green salad and enjoy!