Honey Mustard Chicken 🍗
Oh honey! 🍯 This yummy chicken recipe is definitely on the menu for tonights dinner.
- 4 chicken thighs bone in, skin off
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetables of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Over a medium-high heat, heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan. Cook the chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes and mix well. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to a hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no longer pink in the middle. The potatoes should be soft to the touch with a fork.
- Serve with the vegetables of your choice.