Fluid intake is crucial to remain healthy and maintain proper functioning of important organs in your body, like brain, muscles and the heart. Fluids help in flushing waste out of your body, carrying nutrients to every cell, and preventing constipation. If you are hydrated enough, your memory becomes sharper, you experience less mood swings and you are highly motivated to face the routine challenges of life. Following are few other benefits that highlight the importance of staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water or other fluids:
- Improves physical performance: If you want to improve your physical performance drastically, especially during intense workouts then you should stay hydrated. This also prevents oxidative stress that is experienced in such exercises. Dehydration may alter your body temperature, cause extreme exhaustion and frustration after heavy workouts.
- Enhances Brain Functions: Dehydration shrinks your brain tissues. You experience lack of focus, fogginess, confusion and low energy levels. Proper fluid intake increases your concentration power, makes you energetic and improves your cognitive abilities.
- Normal functioning of digestive system: Adequate hydration aids in avoiding digestive issues like constipation, acidity in stomach leading to ulcers, and heartburn. If your body fails to get enough fluid, your gastrointestinal tract remains unhealthy, hence causing irregular bowel movements and trouble in passing stool.
- Better cardiovascular health: Sufficient fluid intake increases your blood volume, hence your heart requires less energy to pump blood and carry oxygen to every part of your body. This makes easy for you to perform routine activities like running, climbing stairs etc.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Dehydration causes your skin to become dry, lose elasticity and leads to premature aging and wrinkling. Apart from this, impurities in blood and unbalanced hormones due to low water intake result in other skin disorders like pimples, acne, blemishes etc. Therefore, it is important to stay hydrated for healthy and beautiful skin.
- Aids in Weight-Loss: High water intake and consuming foods that are rich in water help you feel more filling due to their slow absorption in your body. This also controls excess calorie intake. Water is also known to enhance metabolic rate of your body.