Breast Cancer Awareness 💗
Many of you will be aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month 💞
Although Breast Cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, a lot of us don’t really know much about it or how to look out for it ourselves.
What is breast cancer?
Breast Cancer occurs when cells in your breast grow in an uncontrollable way – causing a tumour to form.
Who can get breast cancer?
Both females and males can get it, although it is much more common for females 👩🏽💼
What causes breast cancer?
Unfortunately, we don’t know. However, researched has found that it is influenced by age, lifestyle and family history 🕰
What signs and symptoms to look for:
- A change in size or shape
- Redness or rash on the skin and/or around the nipple
- Discharge (liquid) that comes from the nipple, without squeezing
- A swelling in your armpit or around your collar bone
- A lump or thickening that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue
- A change in skin texture such e.g. dimpling
- A nipple that has become inverted
- Constant pain in your armpit or breast
When to see my doctor? 👩🏻⚕️
If you notice any changes at all make an appointment to see your doctor immediately. Most breast lumps aren’t cancer but they should always be checked!💕