Spicy Lentil Soup 🥣
Approx 273kcal per serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 pinches of chilli flakes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 150g red lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock (made with vegan friendly stock if appropriate)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the ginger and chilli flakes for a minute in a saucepan, stirring regularly.
- Add the onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Again, stirring regularly.
- Now add the red lentils and vegetable stock. Mix well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the lentils are tender.
- Depending on your preference blend until smooth or leave chunky.
- Stir through a squeeze of lime juice and serve.
Optional - You could add some crispy bacon pieces, shredded chicken pieces or add a tin of chickpeas at the same time as the onion and carrot.