Skip to content
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, spices and salt together to create a paste. Add the salmon, stir, then leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 4 wooden barbecue skewers in cold water.
- To make the raita, gently squeeze the cucumber to remove any excess water. Mix the cucumber with the yoghurt, mint and sugar and add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Thread the salmon onto the skewers, alternating two salmon pieces with one lemon slice, folded in half.
- Cook on the barbecue for 10–15 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through. Serve with the raita.
- 75g/2¾oz natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2cm/¾in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp mild chilli powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 375g/13oz (approx. 2 large fillets) salmon, skin removed, cut into large cubes
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
For the raita
- ¼ cucumber, grated
- 60g/2¼oz natural yoghurt
large handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp golden caster sugar
- ½ lemon or lime, juice only